How to Stage and Declutter a Home
Before an Open House
Whether your home has been sitting on the market for a few weeks or you’re just getting ready to list it, decluttering, depersonalizing, and staging your home can make it sell much quicker. To help get you started, Emil Ratti offers these easy tips to help you to stage your home without investing too much of your time or money.
Declutter Each Room
Then, head outside to declutter and primp your lawn, porch, walkway, and deck. Pay close attention to any outdoor area you can see from the road. Depersonalize Your Home In addition to decluttering your home, you’ll need to depersonalize it as much as possible. Start by removing personal items such as family photos from walls, countertops, and other visible areas throughout your home. These personal items include:
● Photos of family members, friends, or pets.
● Religious works of art.
● Toiletry items such as toothpaste or makeup.
You’ll also need to remove other signs of personalization from your home. These include funky wallpaper patterns or bright paint colors. When selling your home, Reader’s Digest suggests that cool and neutral paint colors are best for walls — think taupe in living areas and light blue in bathrooms.
Here’s how to stage your home without investing too much time or money into the process:
● Position all furniture away from the walls and use an area rug to define the space.
● Group accessories in odd numbers, but don’t go overboard with the number of accessories you display.
● Purchase throw pillows for your chairs and couches.
● Beautify your bathroom with white hand towels and a brightly colored shower curtain.
● Hide television cords and cables.
● Deep clean each area, paying close attention to light fixtures, windows, carpets, and countertops.
● Staging actually begins outside with the lawn and landscaping, starting with big items like trees. If you have large limbs or a tree removed, contact a nearby professional to address the job. Be sure to get a detailed estimate beforehand to avoid any surprise expenses.
While decluttering, depersonalizing, and staging a home may seem like daunting tasks, these simple, budget-friendly tips will set your home apart from the competition in the very best way.
By applying these simple staging strategies to your property, your home is sure to sell in no time!
In the market to buy or sell? Look to the expert services of Realtor Emil Ratti to help you get the best price for your property. Call Emil today to make an appointment! 201-280-2884
Article Submitted (2021) By: