How to fight Medicare fraud
& protect your identity
Here are 3 things to do:
1. Protect your identity . Identity theft happens when someone uses your personal information without your consent to commit fraud or other crimes. Guide your Medicare Number and card, and keep your Social Security Number safe.
2. Help fight Medicare fraud . Use your MyMedicare account to stay on top of your claims. If you find errors or fraud, report it to us. Don't have a MyMedicare account yet? Sign up for free at MyMedicare.gov today.
3. Know your rights . You have certain rights and protections designed to make sure you get health care services the law says you can get.
The Medicare Team
From Construction to Yard Work, Don't Create New Frenemies
Sumer brings us out from the inside to embark on a wide spectrum of projects, from those as simple as trimming the hedges to the more ambitious like replacing the roof. No matter what your plans are for home improvement over the next few months, be sure to take the folks next door into consideration and follow proper safety and etiquette practices, including the following:
1. Provide advanced notice.
2. Don't start too early or end too late.
3. Clean up after yourself.
4. Don't let things stall.
5 Ways to Save While Doing Dishes
Nothing beats a home-cooked meal, but with dinner comes dishes. Use these five tips to save while cleaning up.
1. Use your dishwasher. Did you know that your dishwasher is more efficient than hand washing-both in time and energy used? So you'll actually save by doing less work
2. Scrape dishes. Since you're using the dishwasher, there's no need to rinse ahead of time. Scrape the food off the plate into garbage and load the dishes into the dishwasher.
3. Always run full loads. Speaking of loading them in, always run full loads for maximum efficiently.
4. Select energy-efficient settings. Since all you have to do now is push a few buttons, why not push the ones that wash at low energy settings?
5. Switch to ENERGY STAR. ENERGY STAR® dishwashers use 30 percent less water and 10 percent less energy than standard models.
Information was gathered from the Internet and assumed accurate.
AARP - Main web site
AARP - New Jersey Web Site
NJ Department of Health & Senior Services
NJ Senior Services
NJ Frequently asked questions
NJ Seniors Golf Association - Tournaments
Retirement Living Resources
Long Distance Moving Guide
Mortgage Refinance Companies
Preparing Your Home For Sale
Checklist for Improvements
Stain or paint deck
Roll up garden hose
Paint or stain exterior
Prune bushes and hedges
Mow lawn, fertilize, edge, and trim
Weed gardens, plant flowers
Shovel driveways, de-ice
Clean out bird baths
Caulk windows and doors
Repair and paint fences
Seal asphalt driveway
Make sure doors close properly
Replace welcome mat
Before the purchase is complete, an updated survey is essential. This report will indicate boundaries and structural changes (additions to the house, a new swimming pool, neighbor's new fence which is extending a boundary line, etc.).
Click above for details.
Updater will save you time, money, and headaches during your
move. But, it's invite -only. Click
HERE for an
invitation and take advantage of this
Down Payment Assistance Program
|The NJHMFA state-wide Down Payment Assistance Program (DPA) provides $10,000 for qualified first-time homebuyers to use as down payment and closing cost assistance when purchasing a home in New Jersey. The DPA is an interest-free, five year forgivable second loan with no monthly payment.
The following are updated monthly...
New Jersey School Reports
Seniors Monthly Newsletter